Here’s to a new year
2011 was an exciting year for myself, taking the reins of Minicine after Edel and Dany had done such a fantastic job setting it up.
Well 2012 stands to be even more exciting; not only for myself, but particularly for you, the audience, due to the appointment of two new programmers: Jamie (Twitter: @jamie_mchale) and Woody (Twitter: @useforglue).
Not only will this help everything run much smoother, but both have already brought some fantastic ideas to the upcoming film lineup. In fact, to kick off the new year in celebration of this, January’s screening is a film selected by Jamie, and is representative of his admiration for French-Canadian cinema. More on this on Friday when the film, along with our plans for February and March will be announced.
On to today’s big announcement. Along with our increased organisation this year, the membership scheme has been given a revamp and will be top priority. We will always be open to the public, willing to welcome anybody who wishes to get involved; we’ll never be a film society open exclusively to members, but the way to get the most out of our community cinema offering will – without doubt – be to get yourself annual membership.
12 month membership will only cost £15 and will guarantee you the following benefits, plus many more
- Your first screening as member will be FREE!
- £2 off of every screening.
- Tickets will be open to you one week before they’re open to the public. (remember that the last three screenings sold out in less than two days) – You can reserve one additional ticket for a non-member, but this will be at the standard price
- Regular members’ meet ups (cinema outings, film quizzes, drinks, etc)
- Influence on the selection of special ‘members choose’ screenings.
- Special offers at local film festivals.
- Membership card.
- Access to end of year meetings and the ability to vote on various matters.
You can buy your membership immediately here. Or alternatively, so we don’t lose a valuable percentage through PayPal, just let us know you would like to purchase membership by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Let us know the next screening you’ll be attending, and you can pay for your membership on the door.